Details on charity fundraising for Red Nose Day:
- Students and staff are invited to wear jeans and their own choice of footwear
- Donations of £1 to be paid on the day
- Rest of their school uniform to be as usual
- Prefects will collect the money on Friday morning
- Year 7 form tutors: please collect your tutees payments as they enter assembly
- Competition for the best jokes: slips will be in tutor wallets and will also be collected on Friday by prefects
If you would like anymore information, please do get in touch!
Friday 24th March is National Red Nose Day which is a UK-wide fundraising event organised by Comic Relief every two years. Red Nose Day unites the entire nation in trying to make a difference to the lives of thousands of people across Africa and the UK who are facing terrible injustice or living in desperate poverty.
This year, Lea Manor students and staff are invited to support this worthwhile cause by attending school in their jeans and footwear of choice. (Please note: remaining uniform should be worn.) We would ask that all students participating make a £1 donation which will be collected by the prefect team during form time.
In addition to this and in support of this year’s theme “who’s up for a laugh?” students are also advised to write their best joke and submit it to the Red Nose Day Laughter competition; the best jokes will be published in the next Lea Manor Newsletter.
Students who do not wish to participate should attend in full school uniform.