(earlier start if possible)
We are seeking an inspirational teacher of English to join our school. English Literature goes hand in hand with language and therefore they are taught alongside each other at Lea Manor. Students are introduced to a range of poetry, modern novels and literary texts throughout their Lea Manor journey, and we endeavour always to bring these to life through the use of modern technology. To help bring English to life, we regularly use real life contexts to make content applicable to students in a changing world.
Training and development for all staff is an essential part of our unique offering. Our students and staff experience a supportive and caring atmosphere along with high standards and expectations for success.
· A July start date for Outstanding and Good candidates and payment over the summer to enable you to settle in the area (NQTs)
· Discounted membership access to the on-site recreation centre, sports equipment and facilities including swimming pool and gym
· Opportunities for paid lunch duties
· Staff laptop for use at home with remote access and a classroom fully equipped with interactive whiteboard and projector
· Access to a wider community of schools through our partnership with Luton Futures
· Professional development programme and opportunities
· Employee Benefit schemes – Perkbox & Childcare Vouchers
· Employee Assistant Programme – AXA ‘Be Supported’
Visits from prospective applicants are very welcome
Interested applicants can apply now using the button below, or please contact Claire Malcolm (PA to the Headteacher) 01582 754715
We look forward to hearing from you.
Interview date: TBC
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) CVs will not be accepted for any posts based in schools