We are a richly diverse community set in the heart of an urban area. Our students and families are from a range of different backgrounds and provide us with a cultural and academic mix that enriches school life on a daily basis.
The staff are committed to ensuring the education at Lea Manor is nothing short of excellent in every aspect. We all share the same vision; 'To be the best non selective 11-16 school in the country' and our journey towards it is an exciting one. If you are interested in being part of the team at Lea Manor High school, please use the contact form on this website to drop us a line along with details of your experience.
Please see the video below to find out about life as a teacher at Lea Manor High school.
Training and development for all staff is an essential part of our unique offering. Our students and staff experience a supportive and caring atmosphere along with high standards and expectations for success.
· A July start date for Outstanding and Good candidates and payment over the summer to enable you to settle in the area (NQTs)
· Discounted membership access to the on-site recreation centre, sports equipment and facilities including swimming pool and gym
· Opportunities for paid lunch duties
· Staff laptop for use at home with remote access and a classroom fully equipped with interactive whiteboard and projector
· Access to a wider community of schools through our partnership with Luton Futures
· Professional development programme and opportunities
· Employee Benefit schemes – Perkbox & Childcare Vouchers
· Employee Assistant Programme – AXA ‘Be Supported’
Visits from prospective applicants are very welcome
Interested applicants can apply now using the button below, or please contact Claire Malcolm (PA to the Headteacher) 01582 754715
We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date for applications: 1 March 2017
Interview date: TBC
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) CVs will not be accepted for any posts based in schools
The video below gives an insight into life as a teacher at Lea Manor High School..
New Recruits at Lea Manor High School receive consistent support from line managers and senior management. We pride ourselves on our staff community and offer a personal approach to helping new staff achieve their potential and personal goals. The video below is one recent recruit talking about his experiences at Lea Manor.